Wednesday 4 September 2013

Beauty Haul- MAC and Revlon

So last week I went shopping again and bought a few beauty related products so I thought I might share  with you what I got from revlon and Mac.


I bought two revlon lipsticks from their new collection which had just been taken to store that day. I loved the whole collections and literally spent 10 minutes deciding which two to buy. I ended up purchasing Fuchsia Shock, 815 (left) and Plum Velour, 850 (right).
See swatches below, I apologise the lighting isn't great. They aren't as pigmented as I thought they would be so they aren't incredibly bold but they are still rather lovely.


I also decided I would try out the powder plus foundation from MAC, I am not all that impressed, I was unsure of what shade to get as I am quite pale, but unfortunately I got the lighter shade and it makes me look really flushed out, compared to the YSL one which I love I don't see myself buying this product again. It might have been better if I had of bought the right shade. It also comes with a sponge however, it works a million times better with a brush.


I also purchased a brow liner crayon in Brunette, I love this product! The brush on the end is so good, like my eyebrows are so much more gorgeous just after using the brush and then when I use the pencil as well it looks amazing! Would defiantly recommend this product. 

 

Lastly I bought a liquid liner, I have always just used pencil eyeliners so I am horrid at applying this, I have practised a few times with horrid results so I can't really rate this product, but I will keep trying because practise makes perfect. I Just really like the look the liquid liner gives the eye and have been inspired by how many people are doing their eye makeup lately. So I thought I might buy this and give it a try.


 

The lady at Revlon was lovely and gave me these samples and who doesn't love free samples? So I will be sure to true these out and get back to you on how I like them.


I was super impressed by the service at Revlon and getting samples thrown in probably helps. MAC however, I went into two different MAC stores and got very different service, MAC Myer I was very disappointed in and they just wanted to get me out of there as soon as possible, MAC David Jones though a had a super experience with and they put on different products on me to ensure I had the right shades. They took the time to make sure I was happy with the products and I am grateful for that. I am aware that every shop has different service and different workers, but I just wanted to share my experiences with you. 

xoxo Ally 

  <a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/10524517/?claim=hjspryk4eh5">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

2 comments:

  1. next time try MAC studio fix for a pressed setting powder, i use it over my foundation for an even tone for contouring, blush, highlighting etc xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellie, I'll try it out next time I go shopping, at the moment I am using rimmel stay matte powder which is quite good! x

      Delete